1. Looking back on this past term, is there anything that you would do differently?
2. Does City Hall have insurance on vandalism for parks (all parks including Centennial) and how much? How does that work?
3. What was the TOTAL cost to taxpayers for everything related to the mayor violating the code of conduct in the workplace: legal counsel, renovations, financial settlements, integrity commissioner reports?
4. Did the 4 women who left city hall (re: Mayor Bradley investigations) receive financial compensation? How much total?
5. Do you feel information regarding local governance is delivered to the public in a clear, accessible, easy to understand format?
6. Why is police and fire always over budget?
7. It was stated in many news outlets that the boat ramp part of the project is stalled, as they are waiting on plans from contractors. Why is there no plan, and why are people saying there are no issues? What is the estimated total cost to finish the boat ramp (as of TODAY, how much more will it cost to have a functioning boat ramp back), and when is it expected to be finished?
8. I have read online that our City Manager sued the city and continues to work for it. Is this true?
9. Do you think it is time to investigate other locations for a possible new boat launch? Why or why not?
10. One of the cities priorities is economic innovation. Tell me how you hope to achieve new business, or what other ideas you have to meet this goal?
11. One year left of this council’s term. What do you hope to achieve in your last year?
12. In a recent Sarnia Observer article it is stated that this council will not be able to work together. What are your thoughts on this? How do you feel you can rectify this image?
13. Transparency has been called into question with regards to this council and senior administration. Why do you think citizens of Sarnia are not trusting the information coming from city hall?
14. In a short summary can you outline costs of centennial park from the original concept in 2012 to present: what has been spent and for what purposes (laymens terms), what else needs to be done (laymens terms) and what the total remaining cost will be with an approximate time frame when EVERYTHING regarding Centennial will be officially complete?
15. Jackson Pool’s future will be considered as a part of the current parks and recreation master plan. Currently a group is trying to save this pool with a petition being circulated. Knowing what happened with a group trying to save the former kinsmen centre, that petition and the majority of council ignoring their plea, do you feel this is a waste of time for the save Jackson Pool organizers?
16. Will the parking lots at Centennial be redone? If yes, is this included in the approved budget?
17. Part One: Where does the mayor and council see the city of Sarnia headed in five years time? Part Two: How are they looking to bring people, businesses and institutions to their city?
18. With the next municipal election fast approaching, there has recently been some comments by politicians and commentators about the balance of power between unelected administrators and their elected council counterparts and the effect of this balance on democracy. As a member of council, do you think that our city hall administrators typically overstep their statutory authority? Do you feel that they are now less accountable to council than was typically the case in the past?
19. What is your vision for Sarnia's future? Pretend it's 2037: What do you see?
20. Councillor Mitro stated on Facebook that for the dredging of the harbour, the contractor did twice as much as the contract asked for. Did we get a 2 for 1 deal or did this cost more? Who oversaw this: who OK’s them to go over the contract, and was this dredging a part of: the boat ramp piece of the contract, a separate part of the project, or an overall added expense to the park?
21. Part One: A lot of people are calling for the CAO to be fired. Who has the power to fire her? Part Two: I heard she is suing the city a second time. Did she already sue the city once while continuing to work for it, and is it true she is suing a second time? Will we ever get to find out what the law suit cost our tax payers?
22. Who is actually overseeing the Centennial Park Project? Is it multiple people overseeing different parts of the project? Who makes sure the work is being done correctly, to spec, and on time and budget?